Posted on

Form follows function…

label stuff

This past week, and current week, I’m elbow-deep in crafting lessons, mini-units, and all good things in the PSWP ELA/SS CCSS course. Though much of it is a review for me, it’s how I learn–by relearning, adapting, and modifying instruction.

In May, I was reflecting on all that is required of me and instruction in any given moment, and the quality professional development I’ve sought and been offered. I do not turn down opportunities to learn and grow, and it’s hard for me to turn off my brain. I created a lesson plan template largely based on meeting those challenges: gradual release, learning targets, success criteria, performance tasks, the new teacher evaluation cycle (TPEP), and adding assessment and assessment reflection so I can have precise, informed conversations about learning. Next, I plan on creating a document to help track student information on specific standards. Yes, this is the stuff I dream about.

Now, the question will be, will I use it to its full capacity, or become so busy much gets lost in the flood? I’ve promised myself for some of the big concepts, yes–use it as a teacher reflection tool. I am a believer in strong prep work.

Question for my colleagues: what are must-haves on your lesson plan formats?

[embeddoc url=”https://blog0rama.edublogs.org/files/2015/08/KLove-Lesson-Plan-Template-2c6d9hy.docx” viewer=”microsoft”]

3 thoughts on “Form follows function…

1. I just added Enduring Understanding and Essential Question(s) – so embedded in my own head I forgot to add those.

2. You’re very welcome.

3. Thank you for the use of this excellent template. I found it an excellent tool for thinking about all aspects of a lesson, and making sure I had the ‘clipboard’ answers.