Depleted.

Maybe it’s the end of the world: maybe it’s the real and present threats to my students and my country from the inside, and maybe it’s a huge bundle of folks not listening, asking questions, and using creativity and resourcefulness to craft solutions, but I am feeling dang cranky this morning. There are nitpicking issues, and the usual miscommunications, but those are inconsequential and self-serving.

I wish: 

Every educator who voted for Trump would renounce him. I can forgive that you wanted change. I can almost forgive that you listened to years of vitriol about Hillary Clinton from your right-wing nutjob media sources and felt assured in your stances and opinions. But what I cannot forgive now is your complicity and ignorance in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Every friend or family member who is not writing to Congress now, calling, or telling those they voted for this will not stand. This is not a liberal or conservative issue. We are being attacked by domestic terrorists and fascists on our own soil. Treat these traitors as you would any foreign threat.

To every district in the nation, it is time to speak up. Take a stand. There are no two sides here. We do not want a white supremacist nation or whatever hellscape vision of racism and jack-booted dystopia you believe you are entitled to. Others receiving help does not mean you are less or being taken from. Once YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL BE FREE.

If you practice a faith, do a gut-check about what your faith is. If your faith includes cognitive dissonance, hatred, racism, bigotry, then you’re already in your version of Hell, and you’re taking the rest of us with you. My personal beliefs bear no weight here, and my conscience is clear.

I and others will fight you as the enemy you are. And when you’re ready to surrender your tired ideas of hate, we will treat with you, call a truce, and work to bring peace back to our nation.

One thought on “Depleted.

1. This is a great post. Really spot on.