You know me. I like to be creative. Think. Make art. Write. Read. I really appreciate what Keri Smith put together in her book about exploration.
For example, on page 144-145, she writes:
Thought Experiments: Einstein used “thought experiments” (questions that can only be solved using imagination), on a regular basis. He actually formulated the special theory of relativity by asking the question, ‘what would it be like to travel on a beam of light?’ It is interesting to conduct these thought experiments in the midst of everyday life.
Some thought experiment starters:
- what if all my neighbors had secret lives?
- what if the newspaper held all the secrets of the universe in some kind of code?
- what if all leaves had secret messages embedded on them?
- what if little elves lived on the roof and only came out at night?
- what if my house were a playgroun? a blank canvas? had secret powers?